Spike Your Juice

General wine making discussion. If it isn't about wine, scroll down and put it in the Off Topic Stuff category below.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Spike Your Juice

Postby npkeith » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi all. been a long time since I posted here.

Just saw a website called spikeyourjuice.com. They sell a kit (for $10!) that contains 6 small packets of champagne yeast, a rubber cork and an airlock. You dump a pack of yeast in a 64oz bottle of your favorite juice, and plug in the airlock. Wait a few days, and you have a fruity, fizzy young wine. I spent about $3 at morebeer for the same supplies, and spiked a bottle of trader joes spiced cider. Interesting. Needs a little chilling, but surprisingly drinkable. I'm going to try peach next. suggestions?
npkeith
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Re: Spike Your Juice

Postby turbo_ale » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 pm

Did you rack off into another jug when done? Did the juice have any yeasty flavors going on ?
ON TAP:
1. 1C
2. 4B
Bottled: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, 16B, 18B, 18E, 19B, 20, 21A, 23, 27
Fermenting:
Next: 5C

BEER, a mixture of malted grains, water, hops and yeast, that is transformed through the course of fermentation that transcends the simplicity of those basic ingredients, fundamentally into the drink of life.
turbo_ale
turbo_ale
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Spike Your Juice

Postby Brambles » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

This sounds interesting. Especially when someone tries it in something with lots of added chemicals. Doesn't sound like a good idea. lol
Brambles
Liter Mug (100 posts)

Return to General Wine Related