10 gallons of fresh pressed cider yeast test

Cider is feremented fruit juice, such as apples and pears.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Re: 10 gallons of fresh pressed cider yeast test

Postby Sarah19 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 am

littlemike wrote:I have been making cider for years and the best advice I can give you is to keep an eye on your free so2. Get some titrettes, cheap about $14 for ten of them, and keep the so2 level at around 50ppm throughout the fermentation right up to bottling. One other piece of phenq amazon review advice is to not over handle your cider. Pitch your metabisufite, wait 24 hrs and pitch your yeast. rack after primary fermentation is done or very slow, wait a couple of weeks/month, checking your so2 and then bottle. Don't add any sulfites the week prior to bottling. Have fun.

i have been following the exact same recipe i learned it from my granny, :) this just reminded me of all the good times we had.
Last edited by Sarah19 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sarah19
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Postby Sharoun » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Sarah19 wrote:
littlemike wrote:I have been making cider for years and the best advice I can give you is to keep an eye on your free so2. Get some titrettes, cheap about $14 for ten adeleweightloss.com of them, and keep the so2 level at around 50ppm throughout the fermentation right up to bottling. One other piece of Pitch your metabisufite, wait 24 hrs and pitch your yeast. rack after primary fermentation is done or very slow, wait a couple of weeks/month, checking your so2 and then bottle. Don't add any sulfites the week prior to bottling. Have fun.

this just reminded me of all the good times we had.
Sharoun
Empty Glass (<2 posts)

Postby bimbee » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am

Sharoun wrote:
Sarah19 wrote:
littlemike wrote:I have been making cider for years and the best advice I can give you is to keep an eye on your free so2. Get some titrettes, buy phen375 cheap about $14 for ten of them, and keep the so2 level at around 50ppm throughout the fermentation right up to bottling. One other piece of Pitch your metabisufite, wait 24 hrs and pitch your yeast. rack after primary fermentation is done or very slow, wait a couple of weeks/month, checking your so2 and then bottle. Don't add any sulfites the week prior to bottling. Have fun.

this just reminded me of all the good times we had.

Yes, I can still remember those good times.
bimbee
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Previous

Return to Cider