15 gallon ss brewtech kettle good for 5 gallon batches?

Cider is feremented fruit juice, such as apples and pears.

Moderator: Moderator Team

15 gallon ss brewtech kettle good for 5 gallon batches?

Postby chimlonvn » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

I recently purchased the SS brewtech 15 gallon kettle with the intention of doing 10 gallon batches.. but due to lack of carboys, I can only hold so much beer at a time. Has anybody has experience doing 5 gallon batches with a BK like this or similar? I'm not concerned with the thermometer placement, just performance, I'm sure it would be fine just looking for opinions on doing 5 gallon batches in a 15 gallon kettle.. also opinions on the 15 gallon kettle as I'm aware it's cutting it pretty close for doing 10 gallon batches
chimlonvn
Taster Glass (2 posts)

Re: 15 gallon ss brewtech kettle good for 5 gallon batches?

Postby Brewtime » Tue May 16, 2017 5:58 am

chimlonvn wrote:I recently purchased the SS brewtech 15 gallon kettle with the intention of doing 10 gallon batches.. but due to lack of carboys, I can only hold so much beer at a time. Has anybody has experience doing 5 gallon batches with a BK like this or similar? I'm not concerned with the thermometer placement, just performance, I'm sure it would be fine just looking for opinions on doing 5 gallon batches in a 15 gallon kettle.. also opinions on the 15 gallon kettle as I'm aware it's cutting it pretty close for doing 10 gallon batches

I have a 15 gallon Sankey and make 5 gallons all the time
Drew

Work Hard, Rock Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard, Grow Big, Wear Glasses if you need 'em "Web Wilder"
Brewtime
Addict (5000 posts)

Re: 15 gallon ss brewtech kettle good for 5 gallon batches?

Postby tookalisten » Tue May 16, 2017 5:42 pm

I too have a 15 gallon kettle and do both 5 and 10 gallon batches in it. No problem.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
~Robert Brault

Primary: Vienna Lager
Kegged: Brown Ale, Porter, Sweet Stout, IPA, Amber, Citra Pale Ale, Blonde Ale
tookalisten
Micro Brewery (2500 posts)

Return to Cider